Holla

Hey! 


Thanks for taking a second to read this quick post. I started this blog in 2013 with the specific goal of getting out all the junk that was stuck in my past. Let me tell you that the time I put myself through was so necessary. There is healing in writing out our feelings, it allows another level of perspective. 

Now, those posts have been removed and let me tell you why. Since then I have learned a very important lesson indeed. If you look in Philippians 4:9 (chapter 4 verse 9) it says "Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you." This is Paul the Apostle talking. He is our example. Jesus gave him the doctrine for us to follow during this time. Now, not to get too much into it right now (because I did promise a quick post) Jesus was clear that his earthly ministry was to fulfill the promise to Abraham for the Jews alone, but what a wonderful savior that he set apart Paul to deliver a gospel to those of us who are not Jews, also. 

Any who, back to the point... Paul is our example and I decided to remove the posts because of these very important and pivotal verses. Philippians 3:13-14 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

WHAT?! OK, so this is where a bit of maturing happened in my life. I was at such a low place when I was going through that time of purging and healing that I actually thought people should read those posts about my sorted past to decide if they wanted to be my friend... I know it's so crazy looking back on it, but like I said, in my life it was so very necessary to get me to rock bottom. I learned that our example Paul, not only let go of the past but was intentional about focusing on the returning of the Lord. I mean an eternal focus, and not a temporal one. 

That's where my journey to healing really began. All that to say this... I've learned to love His return. I want to win Christ. I don't mean salvation, that is a free gift, I mean to Win the opportunity to reign with Christ. Well, I'm sure to talk more about all that in  the future. I'm thankful for the people God brought into my life at the time I was learning this truth, to love me and help me focus on what God had in store for me. Now, isn't that an amazing testimony for the Word of God giving wisdom to a person seeking for truth?! 

I hope you have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts