Paleo

So, hi. I hope this finds you well and seeking the Lord. Do you ever have such a high expectation of yourself that you psych yourself out of even beginning? I do that to myself. I've just decided to lower my expectation, and just get something down. (if that doesn't make since, discard :)

I'm in the second week of our transitioning to the Paleo diet. I am so excited to say that hubs and I are officially sugar free, dairy free, legume free, gluten and grain free. The fatigue and headaches are subsiding, they were pretty apparent for the first week as I detoxed from the sugar. I'm sleeping better, I have less pain and am down 5 lbs already.

I've noticed I need to drink more water to keep myself "regular" because beans are so full of fiber and removing them definitely changes things. Also, some worry about deficiencies on the Paleo diet, in particular Calcium and vitamin D. You don't really need to worry about that with some careful planning and adding in the foods rich in those vitamins. Seems simple, but it isn't entirely, planning  and research is essential. I happen to LOVE to dork out on the subject of nutrition, so I've been in hog heaven.

I have tried several new recipes and, so far we have loved them all. I'm so grateful and I give the glory to the Lord, I asked him to help me and he always does. Our favorites so far are popcorn chicken, brownies and vegan broccoli cheese soup. I also have some favorite, easy snack ideas we are diggin. Chia pudding with fresh ground almond butter, berries, raw honey, citrus. Free range turkey sticks with pears, and Siete grain free lime chips. MMM ya'll so good for reals.

Also, I should say, the kids are not all in at this point and I'm fine with that, although by the time school starts they will be better used to simpler snacks. I do so love to work hard, and to cook, and I will not be able to maintain the various meals or multiple meals I have been preparing, so slowly they will join in or prepare their own. (which if you know us that is no big deal because my three oldest all know their way around the kitchen) We are on a school break right now and I'm just having a blast trying new things and seeing what I can make stretch and I'm excited to have the kids be on board as much as they are.

Well, I will conclude with this, it was a rough start. I was really feeling like poo the first week, and I'm still detoxing. It is worth it and with my past experience with the paleo diet, I look forward to the results. I also understand that an over abundance of animal protein can cause cancer so we will be very much limiting chicken and some turkey of the highest quality as well as eggs and fish, and entirely avoid red meats at this point. At the place where we feel we have reached the goals we are setting for ourselves, we will probably go back to whole food and plant based. Love and many blessing to you.
I'd be happy to share where I found the different recepies or where to find them if you want to leave me a comment feel free.







Comments

Popular Posts