Nutty Chocolate Coconut truffles (made from nut milk pulp)


Ingredients:
1 cup of nut pulp
1 cup of walnuts or pecans
6 madjol dates pitted (obvi)**
1.5 cups of cocoa powder
2 Tbs hemp protein powder (or himp powder)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs almond milk
coconut sugar and crushed toasted coconut to roll

Directions
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process till well combined. The texture should be even though a bit lumpy. 
Roll into balls and roll into coconut sugar then place into the fridge. 
The sugar will soak in and some melt off. 
Wait an hour then roll them into toasted coconut flakes. I use a plastic sandwich bag and rolling pin to make the flakes into crumbles. 
Place them on parchment and put into the freezer. 

** I only used 4 dates and they have more of a dark chocolate taste.

With all my nut milk making lately, I am researching ways to use the pulp. I have several recipies I'm going to try and of course tweak! This is very loosly adapted from some with similar ingredients and ratios that I've found in recipies on Google searches I've recently done. I hope you enjoy and pass it on to others!
Have a wonderful week!



Comments

Popular Posts