No Expectations (INTRO)


I used to think I had the best advice for newly weds or those about to get married. I'd say "just don't have any expectations at all, then when they do something, anything, you will be pleasantly suprised!" Sounds like pretty good advice, not realistic. You've been building up expectations your whole life. Expectations about how your wedding will go, marriage, jobs, kids, your kids kids... Ok, that might take it too far, but typically women will build a pre-image of all life and expect it to happen so badly that they begin to believe they have control over their future. (Oh I can't write this without laughing.) Ok just let me give you one example. So I decided that I was going to get married at 27 and have 3 boys. I don't exactly know when I made this decision, I just remember this is what I decided and 100% believed that it would happen. Naive? Yes, of course I was and so are all of us until we are disappointed by reality! Seriously?! Ok, back to the example so we go in to see what the gender is of our first and I'm told I'm having a girl, how do you think I reacted? At first I was in denial, I even asked my Dr. if he was sure that was an umbilical cord and not a penis. Then when we were assured there were "girl parts" circled on our printed out pictures, I went to the car and cried! Oh man. Now 12 years later I look back on this and it to me is just a reminder of how much I still have to learn about trusting that God is control and has a perfect plan for my life. WAY more perfect is His plan for me than the one I made believe. 

So all this to say, We are 13 yrs into our marriage and only a few yrs ago did we learn what God's Word has to say about it! Also, What roles He has laid out for our marriage to be blameless. It's been amazing to submit to His Word and just watch the way the Word transformes us. Perfecting in all areas to the pleasing of the Lord. Well, that's a lot! I'm trusting the Lord for the next few posts that have been on my heart for some time. I'm going to share with you the things I've learned from God's word and have been walking out in my marriage with my husband. Please pray with me that the Holy Spirit will guide me and that the way I share will be understandable and those who choose to read will see the truth clearly, and submit to the Word. Thank you so much! Have a great week!

Ephesians 5:17,23 KJV
Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. [23] For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Comments

Popular Posts